Today, we’re excited to share with you a major release that our team has been working on for quite some time: Squarespace Commerce.
Giving our customers the ability to manage and sell products on their websites has been the most requested Squarespace feature of all time. Thanks to the powerful architecture of Squarespace 6, we've built a truly integrated commerce solution that gives our customers amazing power and flexibility within a single platform.
This is a significant release for us. Here are the major points:
- Works with every template. Squarespace Commerce works with every Squarespace template. Click the dollar sign icon in your Website Manager to create a new product collection. Your products are presented in a flexible, minimal grid designed to fit nicely into any website. Customize the style of your products grid right from the Style Editor, just like any other area of your website. Commerce is currently available to U.S. customers only.
- Sell digital and physical goods on a single platform. Squarespace lets you sell any type of product using a single interface. Your digital goods are delivered via customized email links that expire in 24 hours from delivery. You can control link sharing and re-send delivery links from the Commerce panel in your Website Manager.
- 30-second merchant account signup using Stripe. We’ve partnered with Stripe to provide a painless way for you to start accepting payments immediately using Squarespace Commerce. From your Commerce area, click “Connect Stripe”, and fill out the form. Once you make a sale, payments will go directly into your bank account. Stripe and Squarespace are completely integrated – there are no confusing codes to enter.
- Simple pricing. No Squarespace-imposed transaction fees. Squarespace Commerce is included in our Business Plan, priced at $24/month with a yearly purchase ($30/month if you pay month-to-month). There are no other pricing tiers, and Squarespace does not impose a transaction fee on your store. Stripe, our integrated payment processor, charges a simple and transparent fee of $0.30 + 2.9% for every successful transaction.
- Flexible product variants & unlimited SKUs. Our product implementation supports multi-dimensional product variants (such as size and color) as well as sale prices. The Squarespace Commerce interface is ideally suited for use with small stores (< 200 SKUs), but we do not place any limits on the amount of SKUs you can have in your inventory. We will be expanding the interface in the future to easily accommodate larger stores.
- LayoutEngine integration. Squarespace Commerce is fully integrated with the rest of our content block system. We’ve developed a Product Block, which works much like our Amazon Block, except it pulls items from your product collection. You can use this block anywhere LayoutEngine is enabled (blog posts, pages, sidebars, and more) – meaning that you will be able to create an editorialized commerce experience for your visitors.
- Unified inventory management. You can quickly sort items across your entire store by stock level, price, or title.
- Coupons, taxes, shipping. Squarespace allows you to create multiple types of coupons for your store. Create coupons that apply to all orders, orders that meet a certain minimum, or for specific products. Coupons can expire, and you can create flexible discounts depending on what you’d like to discount. Full tax and shipping rules by region also help you run your store.
- Order fulfillment interface. Printable packing slips. Squarespace’s order management interface lets you easily track outstanding orders, resend customer update emails and print packing slips from a single interface.
- Mailing list integration at checkout. Building a loyal customer base is a crucial component of running a successful store. We’ve integrated MailChimp to let customers sign up for email communications from your store at checkout.
- Express checkout mode. Don’t need a cart? Squarespace offers a streamlined checkout mode that lets your customers jump directly to your payment page, bypassing any kind of shopping cart interface. This option is great for selling single products.
- Customizable order emails. Customize your emails with personalized messages for your customers.
- Order exporting to CSV. Need your order data? Export easily to CSV format for importing into accounting and spreadsheet tools.
- Store manager role. Our permissions system lets you give select individuals access to manage inventory and orders in your store, but they will not be able to change your website design.
- Automatic Google Analytics and Mixpanel integration. Plug in your Google Analytics or Mixpanel IDs for deeper insight of your commerce transactions.
- Stay connected with your customers. Our social integrations let you easily share store news and product updates to Twitter, Facebook, or any other social service supported by the platform.
- Import from Shopify and Big Cartel. Move your existing Shopify or Big Cartel inventory over to Squarespace with just a few clicks. All images and available data will be transferred over.
- Available in our developer platform. Squarespace Commerce works perfectly with our developer platform as well, so developers can create custom Squarespace stores with a totally unique design.
This release represents a huge step in achieving Squarespace's mission to power any sort of website within our integrated platform. We've been working on this project for a long time, and we're thrilled to finally share the results.
Thanks for being a part of Squarespace. We look forward to seeing what you build!