2012 was a big year. We launched Squarespace 6, announced the public beta of our Developer Platform, and introduced new and exciting iOS apps to help you do what you do better. We survived the largest Atlantic hurricane on record. We were awarded the #2 Best Place to Work in New York City and snagged a Silver Stevie Award for outstanding customer support. And we’re still going strong.
Better. Faster. Stronger.
Since we launched Squarespace 6 last summer, we’ve been working tirelessly to integrate new features, add beautiful templates, and improve the platform. Some highlights include:
- New Templates. From Aviator to Montauk, we’ve introduced more templates that showcase clean design and ultra-flexible functionality.
- Advanced Galleries. We’re happy to report all galleries and gallery blocks now support videos. Bring on those high school film projects and tearjerker wedding videos!
- Folder Navigation. It’s easy to add a drop-down menu to any part of your navigation – just put your pages in a folder in your Website Manager. It’s as simple as that.
- Improved File Management and RSS. Our RSS capabilities now play nicely with Flipboard as well as iTunes. The new file management UI lets you easily upload, manage, and replace your files.
- Enhanced Social Integration. Not only have we added new services including LinkedIn, Dribbble, and 500px, we’ve also added a Social Links block to easily add social icons to a page. Finally, you can now push a page to your personal Facebook account and automatically share updates on Tumblr.
- Google-friendly SEO Enhancements. We have optimized your websites for Google Sitemaps, Google Image Search, and Google Author Rank, ensuring your website is always front and center in search results.
There’s much more to come in the year ahead.
We’re kicking 2013 off with a killer new Typekit integration plus a few big surprises – so stay in touch. Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and add us on Google+ to keep up with the latest news and updates from Squarespace.
We hope you’re having a wonderful start to the new year and look forward to seeing all the brilliant things you’ll create with Squarespace in the days to come. As always, thank you for your continued support.