It happens to the best of us. One day, we sit down to write a blog entry only to realize that we have no idea what to post. Blogging is all about frequent posting and insightful comments, but sometimes the two do not come hand in hand. How do you find inspiration when your mind is drawing a blank?
Just remember that there is always something more to talk about and there is always something worthwhile to discuss. However, some days it just may take some extra inspiration. For this, I set aside some time to surf a few bookmarked websites and consider other avenues for blog ideas.
- Company updates are always good additions to the blog. Have you added new features or hit any new milestones?
- Google Alert is your best friend. It’s a quick and easy way to stay on top of what is going on in your space and watch trends.
- Find other blogs that talk about things that are of interest to your company. This is a great place to see what others are talking about and you may find a topic that is very relevant to you. You get bonus points for linking to that blog in your post, improving your blogger relations and participating in the community.
- Look at what customers are interested in. What are the most frequently asked questions? What kind of feedback have you been hearing? If you pay attention to this, it can be a goldmine of blog ideas.
- Step away from your company and talk about something else. There’s plenty that would be of interest to your customers but might not necessarily tie back in with your company. That’s fine. It adds additional value to the blog.
And when all else fails, just ask. A blog entry asking for new topic ideas, opinions, or blog direction can give you valuable feedback and a better idea of who your audience is. It can help spark participation and create a valuable dialogue.